Saturday, April 3, 2010

Census 2010 again?

Yesterday, April 1st, we got something from the Census Bureau, so since we were leaving for a long weekend in VT, I put it in my purse and we took off. About a half an hour later, I opened it up and found it was the same form we had already completed and returned 2 weeks ago! (Refer blog 3/17/10) Was I ever mad! I dialed the 1-866 number and after 10 minutes of answering a computer’s questions, I got a REAL girl! I explained about us getting a duplicate census form, she started by asking us if we had returned the original form. When she learned that we had returned it the same days as it was received, she told us to disregard it in the easiest way possible. I then told her that we were tax payers, and I was concerned about the cost of sending me a 2nd form, if they sent it to me, than they had to have sent it to others as well, right? And when she wouldn’t answer me, I got a bit angry, not at her, but at the census bureau in general. So, I got off the phone and called Washington, DC and asked to speak to my congressman! I knew he really wasn’t there; congressmen and senators are in recess for two weeks, but I want to let them know how I felt about the census bureau. And it turned out that my congressman was on the other phone, I told them all about it, and left my number with them, even though I knew I won’t be getting a call back. But it still bothers me, after all, the postage, the time, both theirs and ours, make the government look INEPT! The next thing they will do is send a census person around and stop to ask us questions, and I will become unglued! And the bad part is that I worked the census in 2000 and got probably 20 people jobs with the census bureau this time! With today’s technology, why can’t we file the census on line? I think I’m going to talk to my Congressman again! O no!!

No comments:

Post a Comment