Monday, February 22, 2010

Now we need health care quick..

On Wednesday night my 29 year old son tried to snowboard in a field at midnight. Guess what, he broke or tore his left clavicle! Didn't get home from the hospital till early Thursday morning and he gave me papers about a follow up. That's when the fun began. I called the first number, because the hospital referred us to them. They said that they have to get paid before they will see him. Now, my son has no job, has no money, lives with us, but has nothing to even sell for money. The hospital, the doctors office and the clinc's office all have reasons to NOT see my son, but at the same time have no idea what I can do to help him. As he is still in AGONY I have to figure that it is torn and will have to have surgery to correct it. I even got him the state form for insurance, but they won't cover him, this time! Now what do I do, any ideas? I made an appointment at the original Orthopedic Surgeon's office and will ask to speak to the office manager if it get's bad. But, and here is the problem, if we HAD HEALTH CARE implemented NOW it wouldn't be such a problem now! And I'm one of 100,000 with the same problem nationwide. Torn cartilage or tendons and no one will look at me because we don't have insurance!

1 comment:

  1. While my heart goes out to people who are suffering, it is a legitimate debate about who should pay for it. Should everyone pay for my personal needs such as health care?

    If the answer is yes, then where does this stop? Should everyone (taxpayers via the Government) buy me a car since I need one to work? Should everyone pay for my electricity since I could die in the heat out here without electricity? Should everyone pay for heating oil in colder climates to keep people from freezing to death? Where does this stop?

    Where does personal responsibility take over (regardless of the personal tragedies that may exist); or do we simply deed all of our rights (money is part of freedom) to the government and let them take care of everything? How far are you willing to go with this?

    ReplyDelete