Sunday, February 14, 2010

Temple Grandin

I watched a fantastic movie on HBO today, it was 'Temple Grandin' the story of an autistic teenager who visits her aunt's cattle ranch and discovers her calling with animal husbandry and animal science. How to overcome her challenges with autism, which back in the 1950's was unheard of. Back then they would be institutionalized because no one knew what was wrong with them. As I have never had a child that was diagnosed with autism, this was one of the first movies that I really understood. I feel so moved by the movie I hope that each and everyone of you (if there is any one who read this) get a chance to watch this. Again, I have never even studied autism before but I know that there are so many different forms of it, but in some ways it is indeed a gift that some people get to enjoy.

I wish everyone who has a child with special needs, watched 'Temple Grandin' and someday can say .' my child turned out to be as good or even better that what Temple Garndin did!'

No comments:

Post a Comment