Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Well now I have seen it all.

My husband Mike has been working from home over the holidays, since his job is short handed this week, so he has been checking his e-mail every hour or so, so we can't really go anywhere. Anyway, he decided yesterday to go up in the attic to check the measurements for something. My son left the house with the door banging as he went out and then I heard a loud crash coming from the kitchen. All of a sudden my husband starts screaming for help. My son says he heard the noise, looked into the kitchen window and saw Mike's feet dangling from the ceiling!

Thank God for my son, he was able to run up the stairs in the attic, hook on to Mike's belt and with both hands pull Mike out of the hole! If it weren't for Mike's one foot having a brace on it, he probably would have gone through the hole into the kitchen and suffered a lot of damage to his body. But, the brace stopped him from going through the ceiling, and his legs hurt today, but they aren't even purple. (Afterwards my husband said that he was sitting with a joist between his legs! Yuck!)

But, I think it was Mike putting his foot in ICE WATER that amazed me! Yesterday it was 20 degrees when Mike got hurt, my son went to the store and bought a 5 lb bag of ice while Mike kept his foot in as cold of water as we could get it. He then put his foot in ICE! He says that because of his injuries, we had to freeze the broken blood vessels so that they could not bleed and cause his leg to swell or discolor and it must of worked, because today there is very little swelling or discoloration.

But, Mike is now not able to go back up in the attic, one reason being because his legs hurt, but also my sons had to put a temporary covering on the rather large hole and Mike doesn't want them to worry about it being damaged by him again! They just have to worry about themselves, but hey, they're younger than Mike and lets hope a bit wiser now. We think Mike's foot hit an electrical line that then caused him to loose his balance and fall on the floor that was just insulated only, away from the partical flooring that is in the attic!

After cleaning up the insulation in the kitchen and all the cans that the insulation had fallen on, I was finally glad to just have to deal with Mike. Long day to say the least.

Anyway, thats what I was doing yesterday, how about you?

1 comment: