Friday, October 23, 2009

Crime is happening everywhere

I just got a phone call from a man who was listening to his scanner and heard that there were two robberies, both by the same men. I listened and could hear his radio, and heard the officer calling for K-9 (which they didn't have available) and officers setting up a perimeter. See, I understood, because for 14 years I worked as a police dispatcher! I have worked through TMI (Three Mile Island in PA) to the San Jose earthquake in CA, to any and all crimes imaginable through out my life. So, even thought this was scary for people, at least there weren't any guns, just knifes, and no one was hurt. But because my husband is chairman on the Health, Welfare, Public Safety and Emergency Management Committee , he has to answer to the people about why there wasn't a K-9, why cops didn't get there faster, why no one has been arrested yet, the list goes on and on. Could it be that the economy is getting worse and good people are resorting to crime to try to provide for their families. Or might it be that crime is getting worst because druggies need a fix and will go further and further to find money. Either way be careful today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment