Sunday, January 31, 2010

An early Valentine's memory

When I was 4 years old & my mom was pregnant, I said that I wanted a party for Valentine's Day, but Mom said that we might not be able to have one, this time. I was so upset! Early Valentine's Day I got out of bed, to ask my mom if we could PLEASE have a party and she was gone! I couldn't find her anywhere! Was I pissed! After a lousy dinner my dad picked me up and said that Mom had a surprise for me! He took me to the hospital, and since we couldn't go inside, as I was too little, we had to stand outside and look up as Mom held up a BABY! Mom had gotten me a baby brother for Valentine's Day! My own Valentine's present! No one could beat that! And now, 50 years later, I tell my brother each year, that he was MY VALENTINE'S PRESENT first and he'd better not forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment