Monday, November 9, 2009

Busy today

I had an appointment today at 1:30 pm and I wanted to get there on time. As there was a bad accident on I-95 that had closed part of the highway for over 8 hours, I figured I'd leave 1 hour to get 15 miles. Think again! I started on I-95 and came to a stop 1 1/2 miles from home. Traffic was stopped! I was able to get off the freeway and take the back roads and got to my appointment in time, with 15 minutes to spare! It seems that having an interstate is more of a hassle than an answer to most peoples problems. My husband says that when he was going to URI  ( University of Rhode Island ) in the 70's I-95 was already too small when they opened it! Why is it that with today's technology every time the people want something and they approach the federal government for help, by the time they finally get it approved and find out that it is funded it is already obsolete? Is this what happens any time the government gets involved? Like the bridge to nowhere in Alaska?

2 comments:

  1. Minor correction: URI (University of Rhode Island)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you just hit the nail on the head.

    ReplyDelete