Thursday, November 12, 2009

A huge politician was buried today

Otha Brown Jr was buried today after 78 years on earth. He was a teacher who taught from 1961 to 1990.  He was the Chairman of The Second Taxing District from 1982 till his death. He held so many political offices, from Common Council to the State Legislature from 1966 to 1972. He was among the first people to fight for the development of a Human Relations Commission and a Fair Rent Commission and he won! Both are going well and since I am a member of the Fair Rent Commission I speak from experience. As a teacher, politician, friend and mentor he lead a long and full filling life.

The city and state are a better place because of Otha Brown Jr living here. I hope that someday someone could say the same thing about me, but I don't think so! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment